Tuesday, June 19, 2012

State of Denial?


Via @Nemesisgal: Blue line off-loaded at Arlington Cemetary @unsuckdcmetro http://twitpic.com/9y04xa

This whole thing made me laugh.

From Steven:
I was just starting to like the new WMATA twitter until I saw [their tweet about the crowds at Arlington Cemetery]. I know it's not the end of the world, but really? They can't see? They don't believe there's overcrowding?

I think Metro platform overcrowding is one of the most under reported safety issues there is, and they seem to have their heads in the sand.

Isn't admitting you have a problem the first step in overcoming it?

Step up WMATA. You have a problem that marketing and shuffling a few trains around won't fix.

(Shakes head in disgust.)



Other items:
Silver Line will use old cars initially (Examiner)
McDonnell tries to remove MWAA board member (WaPo)
Navy Yard closing earlier on Saturday (WMATA)

No comments:

Post a Comment